It's been over for three days, and I'm still exhausted. I walk/jogged/ran up the stairs dozens of times. Most nights I got 6 or less hours of sleep, and even that sleep was crap.
So, I kept it fairly secret, but by now most people know that I was a part of staff this year. This of course came with it's share of headaches. Balcony had terrible traffic on Friday, and questionable traffic on Sat/Sun. (I say questionable because a few artists said it never picked up for them while others said it went well for them, or somewhere in between). Mezzanine also had questionable traffic. Sure, there was lots of people, but from my time spent talking to artists down there, many of them weren't happy with sales. The problem with all of this is trying to accurately compare all the data. Obviously, some artists will always sell better than others, and poor sales could be due to a number of factors, location being only one. Etc etc. I do know I sold poorly, but I also know I was away from my table half the time on Fri/Sat and on Sun I was solely trying to give away the inventory I didn't want to keep. Whatevers. It was chaos all around.
As for general problems, my list:
1) Dumbasses throwing a nerf football in the Mezzanine. I wish I had seen it or known, I would have called security to escort them away.
2) Sarah was spat on from above, as well as having stuff thrown elsewhere. Never caught the spitter but we got the thrower. Dumbasses.
3) To the idiots on the elevator hitting every button and dancing: yelling at you was the highlight of my Sunday.
4) To the idiots yelling "Marco" "Polo": I hate you.
5) To that one girl who shall remain unnamed: screw you for all the crap I dealt with from you. And, be glad I didn't directly overhear what you said on Saturday, for I would have rained hell upon your life. You took a situation you knew nothing about and made it worse for me. And I loathe you for it.
6) To those that are just simply ungrateful for the amount of time, sanity, and patience that goes into what we do: life isn't fair. Get over it.
7) To the kid who knocked on our hotel room door at 2:50am: dammit all to hell.
8) To the douchebag who stole my Castiel sketchcard: I hope it gives you paper cuts under you fingernails. If you actually paid for it and I just forgot or wasn't there when it happened, then I wish no harm upon your fingers.
9) To the douchebags that stole from other artists I talked to: see above statement, the same hell awaits you.
10) Oh, and to the douchebags throwing a nerf football in the alley: *sigh* really? Be glad I didn't see it. Your football would have been mine and your ass woulda been booted out
The nice list:
1a) To my friends (who I will list below): thank you for all of your help. As chaotic as my weekend was, it would have been worse without y'all.
1b) I'm sad I didn't get time to hang out with all of you.
1c) Dusty, Leech, Myque and Christina (sorry if I misspelled any of your names), you all rocked hard core. Thanks for all the help.
2) To those that do not fall into Number 6 above, and actually appreciates our efforts: thank you.
3) To the rest of the staff that do this every year, and who run the con as best they can: thank you as well.
4) To all the cool people I met, be it staff, artist, or con goer: you rock.
5) To anyone who found one of my ninja's placed around the con: hope it gave you a smile. I plan to do that again next year.
Finally, the list of cool people I worked with, talked with, or whatever. I will add to this as I think of names, so if you're missing forgive me.
Mel, you need a DA so I can link you.
Paula and Maria, do you two have DA accounts? I can't remember.
Laura Vaughn and her cohort, whose name I can't recall. If either of you happen to see this, shoot me a "hey". You two rocked.
Ash, as usual thanks for the help. Rebecca, you're cool. Jacob's cool. Jen and Matt are awesome. BobD rocks hard. Su kicks ass.
Blah blah blah. Shutting up for now. This "name dropping" list will keep growing later on, I'm sure.